Cosmetic acupuncture, or acupuncture for facial rejuvenation, is a centuries-old technique that not only improve your physical appearance, but also enhance your health and beauty from within. This safe and effective form of therapy is a natural alternative to conventional cosmetic procedures such as Botox and plastic surgery. While the effects are often not as immediate or dramatic as these more invasive techniques, results of cosmetic acupuncture tend to be much more natural in appearance, produce none of the side effects or downtime that comes with surgery, and are more holistic in nature. Additionally, these results are achieved at a fraction of the cost of cosmetic surgery.
In general, facial acupuncture promotes circulation to the face and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin and thus improve overall facial complexion, muscle tone, and pores.
A session usually includes needling on the face as well as the body to correct the imbalances from within.
Visible benefits of cosmetic acupuncture include:
- Elimination or reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoothing out of deeper wrinkles
- Improvement of facial skin and muscle tone
- Improvement in skin color and complexion
- Reduction of puffiness and "eye bags"
- Relaxation of facial tension that can cause frown lines, smile lines, and forehead wrinkles
- Improvement in sagging skin and jowls
- Improvement of skin conditions such as acne or rosacea
To enhance the overall effects of cosmetic acupuncture, facial massage, herbal masks, and dietary/lifestyle advice are included as part of the treatment. Only all natural herbal products with potent ingredients to nourish and improve the quality of the skin are used during the course of treatments.